Firstly I hope you are all doing well as we begin to move out from our isolation. Still a long way to go, but it has been incredible how we have worked together as a community to help minimise the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
The Club, as I am sure your children and yourselves have, been awaiting feedback from our Governing body, Football Victoria, on when we may be able to resume training and when a possible season start may be likely.
On Friday we received information for step 1. Return to training (see FV document here). Although an exciting step forward, there are still many hurdles and challenges all clubs face in turning this guideline into reality.
Of course we want to get Coaches and teams back to training as soon as we can, however, at all times the Club must make sure we have the safety and well-being of our members in place before we can move forward.
As we have only received this document Friday the committee have been asked to fully review the requirements and provide feedback to myself by Wednesday morning on how we can proceed with restarting training sessions albeit under the new strict training regulations.
I have a meeting this evening with FV club ambassador Greg Hurvitz, with all the local Presidents of the Mornington Peninsula area being involved, as we look to discuss the best way forward and back to training.
I would ask that you read very carefully through the FV document, as things will be very different on our return to training and there are some very strict rules in place for the Club, coaches, players and parents. If we are going to be successful in restarting training, we need everyone to work together to make it happen. This certainly will not be able to be achieved with just the 11 committee members doing all the heavy lifting; a lot of the requirements fall directly on the parents.
There will be no rush for us to return to training over the next 7 – 10 days as we have many things to coordinate before we can even consider opening up, however, I can assure you that we are working tirelessly with our local council, FV and our committee to put the preparations in place to achieve a return to training as soon as we can meet all the criteria.
I would ask at this time that all families have discussions with the children about the restart and provide feedback to your coaches if you intend to play in season 2020; this information is critical for us to finalise training schedules. It’s also important that all players have paid their club membership in full to ensure they have insurance in place as well as being registered with FV. Both are mandatory requirements before they are allowed to return to training.
FV registration link: playfootball.com.au
We appreciate your patience and support, we will be in contact with some further information on how we will continue to move forward.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me through an email.